The SEISMIX Symposium is unique in the way that it brings together geoscientists from around the world in a quest to investigate the interior of the Earth using the latest technologies. It unites active and passive source-imaging communities and those who study the Earth, from the near surface to exploration scale, and up to the continental scale.
As usual, there will be a single session for oral presentations (no parallel sessions) and ample time allocated for poster presentations. We also anticipate a number of keynote presenters. The conference topics will include but are not strictly limited to:
- Innovative seismic acquisition and processing techniques
- Active and passive seismic interferometry
- Active and passive seismic: together or not?
- Active continental margins and subduction zones
- Mid-ocean ridges and oceanic lithosphere
- Global processes—collisions and accretion
- Comprehensive geological interpretation
- Near-surface seismology—case histories
- New developments and advances in DAS applications
- Novel seismic imaging and inversion methods
- Moho in 3D
- Special topic: ET resource potential
- Unusual case histories—lessons learnt